Merry Christmas from Fishermans Road Market
Dear stallholders, shoppers & our support volunteers in the market and car park.
Re Pre-Christmas thank you and season’s best wishes
Your involvement & attendance is valued.
Please spread the word – best wishes for the festive season.
The market is a shopping alternative that is a community based and focussed service provider.
- The market is unique, being operated by volunteers across the last 24 years.
- Stallholder fees provide the means to help others through Lions. Their produce & services are exceptional & different to mainstream.
- Local needs have become paramount in 2023. This month we provided $10,000 of donations shared equally between the Salvation Army & St Vincent de Paul to assist locals in need.
- Bush fire victims at Tara have been sent $5000 from the club plus a further $1,000 from shoppers and stallholders’ donations at the market. Lions members “on- the -ground” are providing the aid.
- 28 local & nearby organisations have received financial help this calendar year to date. By the club from stallholder fees.
- The “ripple effects” of the market are considerable. Eg -OzHarvest collect 200 kg to 600kg from fruit & veg stallholders each Sunday. This food is provided to local aid groups. Commendations to the generosity of these stallholders.
The Lions Club of Mooloolaba and the Fishermans Road Market community wish each other and all a happy Christmas season.
FISHERMANS ROAD MARKETS
FISHERMANS ROAD MARKETS IS ON EVERY SUNDAY MORNING BETWEEN 6AM AND 12 NOON ON THE CORNER OF THE DAVID LOW WAY AND FISHERMANS ROAD, MAROOCHYDORE
Fishermans Road Markets are following the Direction from Queensland Chief Health Officer for Covid 19 pandemic.
The New Normal with Covid-19
- visit www.covid19.qld.gov.au/check-
in-qld for links to download the app from Google Play or Apple App stores
- enter your details once when you first open the app
- open the app when you next visit us
- select ‘Check in Now’ and scan or enter our code
Please ensure that everyone must:
Maintain physical distancing (1.5m) at all locations.
Maintain good hand hygiene – hand sanitiser available at every stall.
Stay at home when sick.
Mooloolaba Lions Club has a COVID Safe Checklist in place. (21.1.2021)
Fishermans Road Markets has operated and managed for the past 21 years by the Lions Club of Mooloolaba. Lions Club members are Volunteers who willingly give their free time for no monetary return, consequently the net profits raised from the Markets are channelled back into Lions Club Projects or Local Community Organisations. By shopping at the Fishermans Road Markets (also known as the Maroochy Sunday Markets) you are helping with the ongoing viability of local stallholders.
In addition to the Lions Club of Mooloolaba raising funds for the Community, other Community groups volunteer at the Sunday Markets. Scouts and Men’s Shed volunteers assist in directing stallholders entry to the markets, clean the grounds after the markets and share managing the car parking with Woombye Scouts and North Shore Lions Club.
There are up to 128 stalls offering a huge variety of items for sale including local and market fruit and vegetables, clothing both new and pre-loved, pet treats, hand tools, books, popcorn, fresh seafood, 2nd hand items, baby goods, plants, seedlings, home-made toys, furniture, aquarium fish, egg and bacon burgers, variety of Asian foods, sausage sizzle, yummy slush-puppies, ice creams, breads and pastries, espresso coffee. There is also a Jumping Castle for children.
Come on down and enjoy breakfast with a freshly brewed coffee, find some bargains and something special for yourself.
(A Lions Club of Mooloolaba Community Project)
Casual site bookings are essential and are taken online through
Once registered and accepted further bookings are submitted through email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Bookings are to be submitted by 5pm Thursday and all payments must be completed online by 12 Noon each Friday.
For more information email email@example.com or phone the Booking Officer 0429 109 149