Emergency Evacuation Plan
In accordance with Qld Law we have developed an emergency evacuation plan which setsout the procedures to be followed in the event of a major fire or other catastrophic eventthat may occur.
In the event of a call for evacuation, stallholders are advised that the following procedures will apply:
A decision to evacuate the market precinct (or part thereof) will be made by the Emergency Response Group, which will consist of the following persons:
• Team Leader or other market volunteers
ACTION TO BE TAKEN WHEN AN EVACUATION IS ORDERED
- Follow the instructions of the Team Leader or Emergency Response Persons.
- Immediately remove any umbrellas or other temporary structures that may impede access of emergency vehicles.
- Move away from the event as directed by the evacuation map on the reverse of this document.
- Assist and direct members of the public and other persons to proceed away from the event in accordance with the evacuation plan map.
- Proceed to the nominated assembly area located on the map and await further instructions from the Wardens.
- Encourage members of the public to remain in the assembly areas until the ‘all clear’ is given.
- Should you witness a potentially life-threatening event, immediately contact Emergency Services via 000.
- Once Emergency Services have been notified, contact the Team Leader on the following number: 0429 109 149 and proceed to the Lions Information Tent set up on the road side of the Market Precinct to inform Emergency Response Persons.
- Take whatever steps you can to assist in the emergency without putting your own life at risk.
- Encourage members of the public to evacuate the area in accordance with the directions on the map.
IT MUST BE CLEARLY UNDERSTOOD THAT THE PRIMARY DUTY OF ALL PARTIES IS TO ENSURE, AS FAR AS PRACTIBLE, THE SAFETY OF PERSONS IN THE MARKETS AND THEIR ORDERLY EVACUATION FROM THE DANGER ZONE.